BOD Minutes – December 6
Board of Directors Meeting (via Zoom)
December 6, 2021, 7:30 pm
Present: Mike Boland, Ted Meyer Jr., Ted Meyer Sr., Jon Weinberg, Ross Murray, Andy Revell, Matt Boland, Dan Searle, Kim O’Connell, Jennifer Ellard, AJ Rea, Tad Finnie, Joe Crane, Chris Coghlan, Bryce Fenster, and Brent Baker (without his beard).
- League Reports
- Approval of Minutes (November 8) – The minutes were approved as amended with correct date.
- Treasurer’s Report – Rajeev presented a current financial report. Income is about as expected with 53% of registration income received to date. Total income is at 43% of budget projection. Overall, this is about what is expected. Expenses are low as active play is not ongoing.
- President’s Report: No district activity to report. Charter issued and insurance/district fees are paid for 2022. League is planning to return to parade and opening ceremony in 2022.
- Old Business
- Player Evaluations Committee: Nothing to add from the last meeting. A full detailed report will be presented at the next meeting including the procedure for the player evaluations in late January. Andy stated that the committee is continuing to meet and will be ready for the season start next month.
- New Business
- Light discussion on schedule for 2022 Season
- Registration Report: Brent reported that registration numbers are at 58% of 2020 and 67% of 2021. The process is moving smoothly. Total numbers to date are as follows:
- Tball: 29
- Farm: 107
- Rookie: 53
- Minors: 71
- Majors: 32
- Juniors: 13
- Tryouts set for January 22;
- Opening Day set for March 12.
- School Spirit Day: Jen is exploring a school spirit day in mid-December where league clothing is worn by children at school.
- Ted will put out the sandwich boards announcing registration.
- BOD will advise District 3 it would like a TOC in 2022.
- Interleague play will be explored in January when players are registered.
- A concern was voiced about the use of the term “tryouts” versus “evaluations.” The new league procedure will be clarified in the January announcements. The focus is on player evaluation.
- Ted Meyer Jr. and Matt Boland will attend the Corte Madera Town Park Master Plan Workshop and represent TCLL.
Adjournment 8:20 PM
Next Mtg. January 4