"When you have fun, it changes all the pressure into pleasure." -- Ken Griffey, Jr
Thank you Minors Sponsors
- Minor Division is a competitive division with evaluations followed by a Player Draft. Friend requests are not considered in the Minors division, however requests for brothers/sisters to play together on a team will be honored.
- General time commitment is 4x per week: practice, batting cage and game times will vary week to week.
- Offense: Approaching Proficiency at avoiding ball (wild pitch). Approaching proficiency at hitting a moving ball.
- Defense: Approaching Proficiency at catch with players and fielding fundamentals. Proficient at below waist and above waist catching.
- Field/Location: Cove Field/Joe Wagner Field.
- Offense Objectives:
- “Intermediate” Base-running concepts
- “Secondary” leads after ball crosses plate
- Reading passed balls
- 1st & 3rd plays
- Bunt defense
- “Intermediate” Hitting Concepts
- Pitch selection
- Signs and plays
- Defense Objectives:
- Situational awareness and run prevention
- Defending steals and bunts
- Late & close game scenarios i.e. “infield in”
- “Intermediate” Fielding fundamentals
- Glove work
- Ball exchange
- Arm strength and conditioning
- “Intermediate” Pitching fundamentals
- Basic mechanics
- Basic pitch grips: fastball, changeup
- Basic rules of being the pitcher: how to stand on the mound and legally deliver a pitch
- “Intermediate” Catching Skills
- Throwing out runners
- Ages: 8-11 (primarily 9 & 10)
- The TCLL Board of Directors places players into competitive divisions.
- Not all Players seeking to play in the minors will be drafted.
- All league age 11-year-olds not playing in the Major Division will play in the Minor division.