Reasonable Expectations for Player Ability Coming into the Season: NONE
- Objective #1 - Make the game fun & build confidence
- Objective #2 - Reinforce gameplay fundamentals and basic skills learned in T-Ball to build confidence and improve consistency
- Objective #3 - Build on fundamental skills to help players transition from T-ball to a “live arm” (Coach-Pitch)
- Hitting a Moving Ball
- Seeing and tracking the ball
- Timing: “Loading” to get ready to swing
- Rule changes
- Strikes, balls, strikeouts, walks, and foul balls.
- Improve base-running awareness and decision-making i.e. Tagging up
- Basic Situational awareness - for each pitch, where to throw the ball if it is hit to you, and where to be if it is hit to someone else.