"That's the beautiful thing about baseball. You can be any size and be successful." -- Andrew Benintendi
Thank you Rookie Sponsors
- Rookie Division will be non-competitive for the first portion of the season and ends with a competitive tournament.
- No draft. Friend requests are considered requests when building teams, however, TCLL Board will weigh team balance with friend requests when creating teams.
- General time commitment is 3x per week: 2 practices and game
- Offense: Approaching proficiency hitting a moving ball. Emerging on avoiding the ball (wild pitch).
- Defense: Approaching proficiency catch with players and fielding fundamentals.
- Field/Location: Town Park/Cove Field.
- Offense Objectives:
- Building confidence and introducing intermediate gameplay concepts
- Faster pitching and hard ball
- Sliding into bases
- Tagging Up
- Defense Objectives:
- Basic Situational awareness - for each pitch, where to throw the ball if it is hit to you, and where to be if it is hit to someone else.
- Introduce “Intermediate” gameplay concepts and skills
- Introduce Catcher position
- Introduce Pitching Mechanics.
- Introduce Double Plays
- Introduce Relays
- Introduce long toss
- Defensive hierarchy and communication: pop-up and fly ball communication
- Ages 7-9 (Primarily 8)