Calling all baseball fans!
Save the date for Majors & Minors Player Evaluation on Saturday, January 22! This year we are able to hold an in-person player evaluation session for all players from 9 – 12 years old. Below are the who, what, when and where.
- All players league age 9 to 12 years old (and any league age 8 years old who is interested in playing in the Minors Division) are required to attend the January 22nd player evaluation.
- Returning Majors Players are NOT required to attend the player evaluation day.
- League Age 7 & 8 Year olds interested in playing in the Rookie Division will have a separate evaluation (details to follow).
What: Because your 9 to 12 year old is ready to play baseball!!
When: January 22nd, 2022.
- Players will be grouped by league age and specific time for your player will be communicated in the weeks leading up to the evaluation.
- Generally, 12 & 11 year olds will be in the morning.
- 10 year olds will be in the late morning to mid-day.
- 9 & 8 year olds will be in the afternoon.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled evaluation slot, please contact the Player Agent, Andy Revell, to arrange your required evaluation video submission.
What to Wear and Bring: All Players should come in baseball practice gear, including baseball pants, cap, and cleats. Bring a glove and a water bottle too.
What Your Player Can Expect for 2-hours on Evaluation Day:
- Player Arrival:
- 5 Minute – Check-In
- 25 Minute – Warm Up
- Formal Evaluation Starts:
- 10-15 Minutes – Play Catch – Player-to-player
- 10-15 Minutes – Field Reps
- Players lineup at 2nd Base and Shortstop positions.
- Players will field balls and make cross diamond throws as instructed.
- Players rotate lines after each throw.
- 45 – 60 Minutes – Scrimmage
- Organizers will divide players into two teams and facilitate a scrimmage.
- Combine or Video
- Combine stations will include fielding/throwing, hitting, pitching & running.
- During the scrimmage portion of the Evaluation Session, 2-3 players will be filmed at a time to run through the combine and create their own Evaluation Video.
Please note – only Players, Division Managers & League Administrators will be permitted on the field. Parents are welcome to sit in the stands, parking lot or drop off their child.
See you on the field!
TCLL Board of Directors